Benson Parks Department
1204 N. Johnson St.
PO Box 69
Benson, NC 27504
Phone: 919-894-5117 • Fax: 919-894-1041
Proof Of Residency
Benson Parks & Recreation now requires proof of residency for all our programs and rentals. A resident is defined as one who lives within the town limits of Benson or owns property or a business and pays taxes to the Town of Benson. Accepted proof is a valid driver's license, a personal check, any type of bill, your vehicle registration or a tax notice.
Hours Of Operation
Monday, Wednesday: 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Tuesday & Thursday: 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday: 6:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 noon
The basic principle of our program is to offer the most efficient and diversified recreation services to ensure all citizens equal opportunities as follows:
1. To improve the quality of life for each individual through recreation.
2. To provide and maintain recreational facilities for use by the general public.
3. To provide trained and qualified personnel for supervision and instruction in recreation programs and activities and facility maintenance.
4. Welcome public input into planning and evaluation of recreation program activities and facilities.
5. Provide the opportunity for all residents of the town to participate in recreation programs and activities and to fully utilize the facilities of the department.