A Message From The Mayor
"As the Mayor of Benson, and on behalf of our town board, I would like to personally welcome you. We are a town with a proud history and strong vision of our future. As citizens, we are benefiting from the work of many who came before us and we are committed to leaving a legacy for our children. We are a diverse town that knows the importance of standing together and looking out for our neighbors and friends. It is the people of Benson that make this town such a great place to live.
As you discover more about Benson, please contact our town hall with any questions about how you can also be part of our community."
William W. Massengill
Mayor of Benson
211 West Main Street
Benson, NC 27504
Boards and Commissions
Board of Commissioners
- regular meeting is the 2nd Tuesday of each month in the Benson Conference Center, and they also meet on the 4th Thursday of each month.
- regular meeting is the 1st Tuesday of each month in the Benson Conference Center.
- meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month in the Benson Conference Center.
Board of Adjustments
- meets the 4th Tuesday of each month when necessary in the Benson Conference Center.
Historic Preservation Commission
- meets the third Tuesday of the month at 6:00pm at the Benson Conference Center.
Benson Museum Board of Directors
- meets the third Monday of the month at 7:00pm at the Benson Museum of Local History.
Police Advisory Commission
-New Commission Appointments December 2011 Police Advisory Commission/7 Members/Terms three year/staggered
Benson residents may register to vote at the Public Library.
Town of Benson tax rate on real property for the fiscal year 2012-2013 is $0.53 per $100.00.
We have a conference center on the bottom floor at the back of Town Hall. If you are interested in using the facilities, please contact our
Parks & Recreations Center
Other Offices Located At Town Hall
North Carolina Highway State Patrol Office located on the first floor on the west side of Town Hall.
back to top