Board of Commissioners
- Economic Development
- Parks and Recreation
- Public Safety Personnel
- Customer Service
- Thorough in our decision making, taking the time to evaluate alternatives and allocate adequate time for all to understand and be able to make informed decisions
- Fair and consistent in applying our process and decisions to matters before us, no matter what the issue or who it affects.
- Respectful of others and their needs.
- Transparent so that it's apparent why and how decisions are made and that they are in accordance with these principles.
- Open-minded and inclusive, and willing to change our viewpoints based on facts and others' perspectives/reasonings.
- Progressive as we address issues to make Benson better. This includes taking a long-term view, being willing to make honest assessments of our positives and negatives, and taking a risk if our current approaches are not working.
- Second Tuesday and fourth Thursday of every month.
- Benson Conference Center (303 E. Church St. Benson, NC)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Jerry M. Medlin Mayor of Benson - Term ends: December 2023
- Casandra P. Stack Mayor Pro-Tem/Commissioner District I - Term ends: December 2024
- Dean McLamb Commissioner District II - Term ends: December 2024
- Dr. R. Max Raynor Jr. Commissioner District III - Term ends: December 2024
- Maxine Holley Commissioner at Large - Term ends: December 2025
- Will Chandler Commissioner at Large - Term ends: December 2025
- William Neighbors Commissioner at Large - Term ends: December 2025